PGCAR REALTORS® Have Smartcharts ProTM as a Member Benefit
- Log in with your MRIS account first.
- Then click here to register for your choice of morning or afternoon training.
Be the local market expert, able to answer home buyer and home seller questions with credible information and easy-to-understand charts!
Sign up for your SmartCharts ProTM access
It's a PGCAR REALTOR®
Then Sign Up for FREE training too!
PGCAR is among the first MRIS Associations to provide SmartCharts ProTM as a member benefit.
Here's a 2-minute video
to provide a quick and helpful overview.
Message from the President - August 7, 2015
PGCAR . . . The Value Proposition
2015 PGCAR President
I was recently asked the question, "Hey, what do I get for my association dues anyway?" Of course I responded formidably by rattling off the myriad of association benefits one by one.
Afterwards I thought, what would my business be like if there were no professional trade group like PGCAR looking out for my best interests?
- I wondered, how would my business function without the state-of-the-art MLS system, MRIS; which was created, in part, with the cooperation and capital investment of the metro region REALTOR® Associations, including PGCAR?
- Would people buy homes here if Prince George's County had passed the $.15 property tax increase? Suppose PGCAR was unsuccessful in their very public fight against that proposal which resulted in only a $.04 increase?
- Would home ownership here and nationwide be an attractive investment without the mortgage interest deduction which the National Association of REALTORS® is fighting to preserve?
- I thought about the complex abundance of mandatory and necessary real estate contract forms offered by PGCAR and MAR. What would my legal expense be if my firm had to hire an attorney to draft and develop those forms, and what would my liability exposure be without them?
- I considered my legal exposure, without an organized dispute resolution mechanism like the Grievance and Professional Standards processes offered by PGCAR and MAR. Without them I would be on my own, most likely before a judge, to resolve brokerage disputes. Disputes with clients would be dealt with before the real estate commission and possibly the court system. How much money and time would that cost me?
Finally after considering what it would be like to NOT have a real estate association, I came to the conclusion that thankfully I have one. And I can turn to them for MLS, political advocacy, legal assistance, advice and more, and all for the relatively affordable price of about $1.95 a day.
Hopefully you also find value in your Association membership? Listed below is a recap of the Association benefits included in your membership:
- Advocacy through government representation
- SentriLock Electronic Lockbox System
- Members of PGCAR, a shareholder in the Metropolitan Regional Information Service (MRIS), receive significant discounts on MRIS participation fees and the addition of RBI SmartCharts
- Access to electronic real estate standard forms (Zip Forms)
- REALTOR® Store - your one stop shop for all your real estate needs
- REALTOR® Professional Designations and Education Trust
- REALTOR® Federal Credit Union
- Access to over 100 educational events per year including the annual REALTOR® EXPO and Trade Shows
- Website - www.pgcar.com - Your source for timely information on Association activities
- REALTOR® Connection
- Zip Forms / Dot Loop
- Continuing Education Programs
- Ethics Enforcement / Mediation / Arbitration
- Committee Participation
- Legislative Advocacy
- Local NAR Institute, Societies and Council Chapters
- Email updates on important issues and upcoming Association education programs and events
- Networking opportunities with other members through various business and social events
Thank you for your continued support, your membership in PGCAR and your active participation in the Association. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the PGCAR office at 301.306.7900.
Desiree Callender, President
A Message From 2015 RPAC Chair, Joanne Darling - August 7, 2015
2015 RPAC Chair
PGCAR and RPAC played a valuable role in the recent advocacy campaign against the $.15 property tax hike. Through grants from NAR and MAR, your Association (PGCAR) was able to run full-page advertising in the local press against the tax increase and generate close to 2000 calls and emails into the County Council. This effort most definitely swayed the vote away from the $.15 concept. This is just one example of how PGCAR and RPAC protect your ability to do business.
Our influence can only be as strong as the relationships we build with our elected officials. These relationships pave the road to our political success. RPAC provides the opportunity to enhance our relationships with existing politicians (our REALTOR®
Party Friends) and a chance to build relationships with newly elected officials, hopefully securing their membership in the "REALTOR®
Through RPAC, REALTORS®
have seen solid victories in recent years:
- Stopped the $.15 Countywide property tax hike
- Defeated a proposal to create a moratorium on foreclosures
- Reduced the rate of interest on rental security deposits
- Defeated legislation restricting rental units in certain zones
- Defeated rent control in College Park
- Stopped transfer taxes on front foot benefit assessments
- Defeated efforts to require energy audits at property transfer
- Passed legislation to expand financial literacy education in public schools
- Halted collection of tax on forgiven debt in a short sale transaction
You can read more about how RPAC helps REALTORS®
RPAC does NOT BUY VOTES. RPAC supports positions, NOT parties. RPAC is bipartisan, supporting political candidates who value protecting real estate transactions, homeownership and property rights. Your voluntary contribution . . . $15, $35, $99, or more helps in this necessary endeavor.
SUPPORT YOUR INDUSTRY TODAY . . . SUPPORT RPAC.
And remember, if real estate is your profession, politics is your business!
Joanne Darling, 2015 RPAC Chair
RPAC contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes. Contributions to RPAC are voluntary and are used for political purposes. The amounts indicated are merely guidelines and you may contribute more or less than the suggested amounts. The National Association of REALTORS® and its state and local associations will not favor or disadvantage any member because of the amount contributed or a decision not to contribute. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal. 70% of each contribution is used by your state PAC to support state and local political candidates; 30% is sent to National RPAC to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 52 U.S.C. 30116.
On November 20, 2013, the U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) issued a final rule to integrate disclosures and regulations required by RESPA and the Truth in Lending Act (TILA). The final rule, called TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID), integrates existing disclosures with new requirements from the Dodd-Frank Act to improve consumer understanding of the mortgage process, aid in comparison shopping, and help to prevent surprises at the closing table. When the rule and changes go into effect, REALTORS®
and their clients will encounter new forms and procedures at the closing table. The new TRID forms were to be implemented on August 1, 2015. However, on July 21, 2015, after calls from NAR and other industry groups, CFPB officially announced that the effective date of the implementation of the rule was delayed until October 3, 2015.
REALTORS® are highly encouraged to familiarize themselves on these new rules:
PGCAR is your resource for education opportunities on this important topic. The following class will cover these new rules:
- Keep Calm, and TRID On. The new mortgage disclosure rules: What you need to know
10:00 am to 1:30 pm on Wednesday, September 16
Registration opens soon >
Looking for information
about Prince Georges
County Real estate?
Prince George's County
Association of REALTORS®
9200 Basil Court, Suite 400 |
Largo, MD 20774
Phone 301-306-7900 |