Week of August 26, 2002
PLEASE POST OR DISTRIBUTE TO ALL AGENTS
BOARD OF DIRECTORS VOTES TO REDUCE ANNUAL DUES!! . . . Great News!!! The PGCAR Board of Directors recently voted to reduce the 2003 Local Annual Dues for all members from $240 to $185.50, a savings of $54.50! Dues for 2003 for Brokers and Agents, including State and National Dues, will be $387.50 and will become due on October 1, so watch the mail for your invoice. Affiliates will be invoiced for the local dues of $185.50. Invoices will be mailed to your office unless you have directed us to send it to your home address.
PGCAR TO CONVERT TO LATEST VERSION OF SUPRA ELECTRONIC KEY . . .We are very excited to announce that PGCAR members will upgrade from our current SuperKey to the latest technology networked key. You will have a choice of the new DisplayKey or the Supra eKey. To learn more, you can go to Supra's website at www.supra-products.com and click on Real Estate Products. The Key conversion will take place at the LaFontaine Bleu on September 23rd, 24th and 25th. Watch the mail for the appointment schedule from Supra which will be mailed to you in the early part of September. Please be sure to provide the Association office with your email address by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will enable us to keep you informed regarding this key exchange as well as other important PGCAR activities.
SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER CONTINUING EDUCATION CLASSES . . . There is still space available in the following classes:
- September 5th - Creating Leverage for Your Buyer. Instructor - Matt Tove, 1st Mariner Mortgage. Class will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and is approved for 3 hours of MD Continuing Education. This class will be held at the Association Office.
- TBA - How to Sell HUD Homes. Instructor - Shelly Chlada. Class will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and is approved for 3 hours of MD Continuing Education.
- October 10th - MD 6 Hour Required Course consisting of MD Legislative Update (3 hours), MD Legal Update (1.5 hours) and MD Fair Housing (1.5 hours). Instructor - Don Martin. These three classes will be held at the LaFontaine Bleu.
- October 17th - Rehabilitation Financing. Instructor - Lee Smith of Well Fargo. Class will be held from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and is approved for 3 hours of MD Continuing Education and will be held at the Association Office.
- October 24th - It's A Bird, It's a Plane, It's a Contract. Instructor - Al Monshower, Esquire. Class will be held from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and is approved for 3 hours of MD Continuing Education and will be held at the LaFontaine Bleu.
For more information call the Association office at 301-306-7900 or visit www.pgcar.com/education.htm.
CBR CLASSES TO BE HELD . . . The PGCAR in cooperation with GCAAR will offer the CBR: A Buyer Representation Designation Course on September 25th, 26th and 27th at the LaFontaine Blue in Lanham. Senior Instructor Roger Turcotte will be the instructor. This class is approved for 12 elective continuing education credits in DC and Maryland and 6 elective continuing education credits in Virginia and the cost is $355. Not only will you earn the Nationally Recognized CBR designation (Certified Buyer Representative) but you will also learn DC, Maryland and Virginia State laws regarding duty, disclosure and documentation requirements, street skills to begin practicing buyer agency immediately, how to make an effective presentation to a buyer, how to discuss and document your fee as a buyer agent and how to reduce your risk through diligence and how to use Merit negotiating to get to closing. Register now by faxing this form.
ANNUAL ELECTION AND INSTALLATION . . . The Annual Election and Installation Reception will be held from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday evening, September 19th, at the Mt. Airy Mansion in Upper Marlboro. Cost is $25 per person. Please mark your calendar for this important Association event. Ballots will be mailed this week. For more information...
HAVE YOU MADE YOUR RESERVATIONS FOR THE ANNUAL MAR CONVENTION??? . . . PGCAR is very proud that Past President Gloria Farrar will be installed as President of the Maryland Association of REALTORS® during its Annual Convention in Ocean City. Please make every effort to attend this year's Convention to show your support of Gloria and the other incoming Officers. The Convention is scheduled for September 9, 10 and 11. The Convention provides an excellent opportunity to network with fellow REALTORS® from throughout the State, obtain information from the many exhibitors and to obtain continuing education credits. More information can be obtained by going to www.mdrealtor.org. DON'T FORGET TO OBTAIN AN ABSENTEE BALLOT FOR THE PRIMARY ELECTION IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND!! To obtain an Absentee Ballot, contact your Board of Elections or go to www.elections.state.md.us/voters/absentee_ballot.html.