Attendance and CEU Policies, and Accessibility Information
VIRTUAL CE POLICIES
Per Maryland Real Estate Commission (MREC) guidelines for earning continuing education (CE) hours via virtual delivery, by registering for virtual CE classes:
- You give consent to being recorded during virtual class time.
- Students are encouraged to test the performance of their own technology PRIOR to the course. This includes the sound, camera and a stable internet connection. The Education staff will not prolong the start of a course for personal device troubleshooting. Once that class starts, students who do not meet the technical requirements will be removed.
- Once the class starts the "room" is locked. Late arrivals will NOT be granted access.
- Cameras must be active and unmuted during the entire class. If your camera is inactive or muted, you will be removed and will NOT receive CE.
- You agree and MUST be present, viewing and listening through the entire virtual course to receive CE. If leaving early, you will NOT receive CE.
- Lastly, by checking the Terms and Conditions agreement check box pictured below (which you must check while registering), you are agreeing to abide by these requirements.
Picture of the Terms and Conditions check box seen during registration
PGCAR is required to deny CE credit to anyone in violation of the above rules. For students agreeing to and following the above requirements, MREC has approved the earning of CE hours via virtual delivery of previously approved in person classes during the COVID-19 State of Emergency and for 60 days after the State of Emergency is lifted.
CE CLASSROOM POLICIES
Per Maryland Real Estate Commission (MREC) guidelines for earning continuing education (CE) hours:
- Photo ID is required when checking in for your course.
- Attendance is monitored at the beginning and end of the course. Students must be physically present during ALL of the course time - no CE is given if a student arrives late, leaves early or steps out to answer a phone call.
- Turn off ALL electronic devices (cell phone, tablet computer, etc.) while in class. Also, do not have any unrelated reading material open during the course.
PGCAR is required to deny CE credit to anyone in violation of the above rules.
Handicapped access and parking are available at the main (front) office doors. If other accommodations are needed, please contact PGCAR in advance at 301-306-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also let us know details in the Comments field while registering for a class or event.
CLASS / EVENT LOCATIONS
PGCAR classes and events are held virtually, at the PGCAR Office, and other locations across Prince George's County. ALWAYS check the class or event details page or your registration receipt for each class and event location.
The PGCAR office is also home to our REALTOR® Store. Please visit us:
8300 Corporate Drive, Suite 100
Landover, MD 20785
You can also reach PGCAR staff by email, by online form, or by telephone at 301-306-7900.