Week of March 11, 2002
PLEASE POST OR DISTRIBUTE TO ALL AGENTS
MARYLAND PROPERTY CONDITION DISCLOSURE AND DISCLAIMER ACT . . Association Counsel, Al Monshower, has brought it to our attention that many brokers and agents have not brought their current forms into compliance with respect to the amendments to the Maryland Property Condition Disclosure and Disclaimer Act which took effect on October 1, 2001. Specifically, the Maryland Disclosure and Disclaimer Act was amended to add a new disclosure requirement by sellers who elect to give a disclosure rather than a disclaimer. The new provision includes the obligation of the seller to disclose whether the smoke detectors will provide an alarm in the event of a power outage. Under the Act, every contract of sale is required by law to include a conspicuous notice advising the purchaser of the purchaser's rights under the Act.
2002 AWARDS LUNCHEON - MARCH 21. . .The Annual Awards Luncheon will be held at the Lafontaine Bleu on Thursday, March 21, beginning at 11:30 a.m. The registration form is available on our website or you can contact the Association office at 301-306-7900 to have one faxed to you. Reservations must be received no later than 12:00 Noon on March 18th.
ANNUAL RPAC FUNDRAISER SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 22. . .The Annual RPAC Fundraiser has been scheduled for Monday, April 22, at the Mt. Airy Mansion on Rosaryville Road in Upper Marlboro. This year's event "MARDI GRAS IN APRIL" will be held from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Members of the RPAC Committee and Board of Directors have tickets available or you can contact the Association office to make reservations. This will be a fun-filled evening so make your reservations early.
MARCH AND APRIL CONTINUING EDUCATION CLASSES . . . There is still space available in the following classes:
- March 15th - Fair Housing Update. Instructor - Allison Mooney. Class will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and is approved for 3 hours of Maryland Continuing Education.
- March 15th - Legal and Legislative Update. Instructor - Don Martin. Class will be held from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and is approved for 3 hours of Maryland Continuing Education.
- March 20th - Techniques for Smooth Settlements. Instructor - Mel Schneider. Class will be held from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and is approved for 3 hours of Maryland Continuing Education.
- March 22nd- New Home Sales Techniques - Getting Started - Instructor - Allison Mooney. Class will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and is approved for 3 hours of Maryland Continuing Education.
- April 12th - MD 6 Hour Required Course - Instructor - Don Martin. Class will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and is approved for 6 hours of Maryland Continuing Education. This course contains the 4 ½ hours of Legal and Legislative Update and 1 ½ hours of Fair Housing Update required for those licensed over 10 years.
- April 18th - Environmental Issues. Instructor - Walter Clews. Class will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and is approved for 3 hours of Maryland Continuing Education. For more information call the Association office at 301-306-7900 or visit our website at www.pgcar.com.
REALTOR® EXPO 2002 . . .Mark June 6th on your calendar for the PGCAR REALTOR® EXPO 2002. This day long event will provide an opportunity to network with fellow REALTORS®, network with exhibitors, earn continuing education credits and obtain information on a variety of subjects and products. Last year's event was a huge success and all who attended found the time spent to be very worthwhile. Watch for more information during the coming months. Meantime mark your calendar for June 6th .
ARE YOU PLANNING TO SHOW PROPERTIES IN RECIPROCAL AREAS? HAVE YOUR SUPRA KEY PROGRAMMED AHEAD OF TIME . . .If you are planning to show property in Frederick, Anne Arundel, Howard, Carroll, Harford Counties or Baltimore and are a primary member with PGCAR, you can have your key programmed for use in those areas. After you complete the Reciprocal Key Access Agreement, PGCAR will request access from the reciprocating REALTOR® Association which takes approximately 24 hours. Please don't wait until the day that you want to show property to request access. If you have any questions or if you would like a Reciprocal Key Access Agreement faxed to you, please call the Association office at 301-306-7900.