Week of October 18, 2002
PLEASE POST OR DISTRIBUTE TO ALL AGENTS
LAST CHANCE TO EXCHANGE YOUR SUPRA KEY WITHOUT PAYING AN ISSUANCE FEE . . . Many of you have not yet exchanged your Supra Key. After Wednesday, October 23rd, Supra will impose a $50 issuance fee for all keys issued. Please contact the Association at 301-306-7900 to schedule a time to come into the Association Office to exchange your Supra Key. YOU MUST HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TO EXCHANGE YOUR KEY.
ASSOCIATION SCHEDULES HOLIDAY GALA . . . PGCAR will hold a HOLIDAY GALA on December 9th from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the LaFontaine Bleu in Lanham. The Committee promises this will be a fun-filled evening to remember. Please mark your calendar now and watch for more information by email and on our website.
NEW MAR RESIDENTIAL SALES CONTRACT AND OTHER FORMS . . . MAR has updated the Statewide Residential Sales Contract as well many of their other forms. These forms are available on our website . (www.pgcar.com/membersonly/forms) and shoud be available on Zip Forms in the next several weeks. These forms are also available on MAR's website at www.mdrealtor.org.
NEW PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY LEGISLATION . . . As of September 1st, new legislation, CB 51-2002, became effective in Prince George's County. This legislation requires that airport proximity to an APA (Airport Policy Area) be disclosed with the General Aviation Airport Environment Disclosure Notice, in a form approved by the Planning Board, that shall be included as an addendum to the contract for sale of any residential property. The recommended disclosure form required to be used was approved by the Planning Board and is available in the PDF Downloadable Forms section of Membership Services. It will also be added to our library on Zip Forms in the very near future.
SUPRA KEY UPDATE FOR RECIPROCAL AREAS . . . For those of you who have exchanged your Supra Key and now have a Display Key or an E-Key, don't forget that you must still call KIM on a monthly basis at 1-877-887-8772 to receive a manual update code for Anne Arundel, MARS Region, Frederick County and Northern Virginia. Since those Associations are still on the old Supra Key System, your new key will NOT automatically update for those areas; HOWEVER, it will work in all areas when updated correctly. Our Key exchange does not affect the keys from other areas. Keys issued by Anne Arundel, MARS, NVAR, Frederick, etc. will still work in Prince George's County lockboxes. If you have questions, please call PGCAR at 301-306-7900.
2003 DUES BILLS ARE IN THE MAIL . . . The Invoices for 2003 Dues have been mailed to all members. Dues must be received no later than November 30, 2002 in order to avoid a $25 late fee. If you have not received your invoice or if you have any questions, please contact the Association office.
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER/DECEMBER CONTINUING EDUCATION CLASSES . . . There is still space available in the following classes:
- October 24th - It's A Bird, It's a Plane, It's a Contract. Instructor - Al Monshower, Esquire. Class will be held from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and is approved for 3 hours of MD Continuing Education and will be held at the LaFontaine Bleu.
- November 14th - Environmental Issues - Mold, Radon, Lead-Based Paint & More. Instructor - Walter Clews. Class will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and is approved for 3 hours of MD Continuing Education. This class will be held at the Association Office.
- December 2nd - DC Fair Housing. Instructor - Allison Mooney. Class will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and is approved for 3 hours of DC Continuing Education. It IS NOT APPROVED for MD Continuing Education Credit. This class will be held at the Association Office.
- December 5th - Selling HUD Homes. Instructor - Shelly Chlada. Class will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and is approved for 3 hours of MD Continuing Education. This class will be held at the LaFontaine Bleu.
- December 13th - MD 6 Hour Required Course consisting of MD Legislative Update (3 hours), MD Legal Update (1.5 hours) and MD Fair Housing (1.5 hours). Instructor - Don Martin. These three classes will be held at the Association Office. SPACE IS LIMITED. Registration fee for REALTORS is $25 for 3 hours of credit.
A $15 late fee is charged if reservations are made less than 3 days prior to any class. For more information call the Association office at 301-306-7900 or visit www.pgcar.com/education.htm.
SOUTHERN MARYLAND MULTACC KEYS . . . For those wishing to have access to the Multacc Lockboxes on Southern Maryland properties (Calvert, Charles and St. Mary's), the Southern Maryland Association of REALTORS® has notified PGCAR that keys will be issued with a $75 deposit required and a $42 annual fee. For more information or to obtain a Multacc Key, call Debbie Brown at the SMAR Office at 301-870-2323 or 888-340-8727.