November 18, 2016
One small yet powerful way we can all make a difference, is being involved politically. In many cases, it is as simple as showing up and being informed. Please rally your entire office to attend the Annual Legislative Breakfast on Wednesday, November 30.
Every day, our legislators make decisions impacting OUR business, and the economy of our County and State. Attend, become more informed about today's issues, meet and discuss important matters affecting our County, and show the strength of the PGCAR Community.
|Donate to the Annual Food and Coat Drive
Now Until 3 pm Friday, December 2
PGCAR is collecting coats and non-perishable food to give to the needy. Please help by asking your family, neighbors, and friends to donate their old coats and jackets to our collection of "Coats for the Homeless." Donated food items must be non-perishable. Cans or boxes of veggies, beans, canned meats, cereals, baby food, pasta or any non-perishable food item will bring joy to someone feeling hunger.
We recommend that you place collection boxes in your Real Estate Offices and deliver the collected items to PGCAR by the due date. All coats will be donated to Mission of Love. All collected food will be donated to the Public Safety Assistance Program of Prince George's County and assembled into food baskets.
Please gather and bring your donations to PGCAR by 3 pm Friday, December 2!
Want to be recognized for your efforts on the PGCAR Website or Facebook Page? Please email a photo of your office's donations to Erica@pgcar.com, and we will post it!!
9th Annual PGCAR Holiday Charity Event - Wednesday, December 7
Help raise funds to feed Prince George's County families who are in need!Net proceeds raised from this event will be donated to the Public Safety Assistance Program of Prince George's County.
Our donations will provide much needed food items for local families. As a thank you, you will receive an evening of Networking, Fun, Food, Entertainment and Dancing at La Fontaine Bleue.
, or make a donation
DEADLINE TO PURCHASE TICKETS IS NOVEMBER 23rd AT MIDNIGHT!
Thank you for your help and participation!
Dues were due and payable as of October 1, 2016.
A $75 late fee will be charged after midnight Wednesday, November 30.
Dues are online and easy to pay at www.pgcar.com/dues
Renew at www.pgcar.com as Easy as 1-2-3:
- Click here
- Log in
- Renew online and receive receipt!
My HOME II is open to even more buyers. It has higher income limits, and available to homebuyers in 14 Prince George's County zip codes. The Prince George's County Department of Housing and Community Development's (DHCD) My HOME II Program provides up to $20,000 towards down payment and closing costs for first-time homebuyers or those not owning a home within the last 3 years, and applicants may earn up to 120% of the Area Median Income.
Click Here for more information >
Earn Your Maryland and DC CEU at PGCAR
PGCAR members save BIG!
Early bird registration is only $18 for 3 CEU classes and $11 for 1.5 CEU classes.
Wednesday, December 14
MD Legislative Update
- 3 MD Required Legislative Update (Cat. A); 3 DC Elective CEU
MD Fair Housing
- 1.5 MD Required Fair Housing (Cat. C); 1.5 DC Elective CEU
Wednesday, December 28
- 3 MD & DC Elective CEU
Homeownership for Individuals with Disabilities Program
Here are just a few highlights!
- One of the borrowers is disabled OR
- One of the borrowers is the parent or guardian of an immediate family member who is disabled.
An immediate family member includes a spouse, domestic partner, son, daughter, brother, sister, mother or father; regardless of the age of the immediate family member; who resides with one of the borrowers and is cared for principally by one of the borrowers.
- A disability is defined as a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities (for example, hearing, seeing, speaking, sitting, standing, walking, concentrating, or performing manual tasks). The definition does not include a person whose disability is based solely on any drug or alcohol dependence.
- Must be a first-time homebuyers, or buying in a targeted area, or a veteran exercising a one-time exemption to first-time homebuyer requirement (must provide copy of DD-214).
- The total combined income of all members of the household may not exceed $107,000 for Prince George's County homebuyers (lower in some other counties outside of DC metropolitan area).
- Maximum home purchase price of $300,000 in Prince George's County (lower in some other counties).
- Meeting other program application criteria.
Visit the Program Website for details >
Real Estate Brokerage Essentials: Navigating Legal Risks and Managing a Successful Brokerage - New Edition!
The completely redesigned and updated Real Estate Brokerage Essentials®: Navigating Legal Risks and Managing a Successful Brokerage, Fourth Edition
is the most comprehensive business tool for brokers to run their offices efficiently and minimize their risk for legal liability. This book covers everything from hiring and training employees, licensing issues, dealing with consumers, key intellectual property concepts and how to understand and deal with tough business issues.
Here's a few of the highlights and included resources!
- 30% new content, including all new sample forms
- New content on drones, medical marijuana, REALTOR® safety and data security, ADA policies, teams, license reciprocity, social media and internet advertising, money laundering, distracted driving and more . . .
- Updated legislation, including 40 acts or legal statues and 72 updated case summaries
- A completely new chapter called Emerging Risk Management Issues
- Training modules on some of the most relevant risk management issues
- Current case law, checklists, training worksheets, presented in a way that anyone can relate to
- Workplace Law and Office Policies
- Agency / Brokerage Relationships with Consumers
- Fair Housing
- Use of Other Professionals & RESPA
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 70 Online Resources
- . . . and Much, Much More!
Help Homebuyers and Sellers Find YOU!
Increase Your Leads. Dont' Leave Your realtor.com Profile Empty
ALL REALTORS® have a profile on realtor.com.
Is yours empty -- or complete with your listings, contact info, photos and more that will help attract buyers and sellers to YOU?
We urge all PGCAR REALTORS®. Please take advantage of this great tool, already included in your NAR membership.
Log in to claim YOUR realtor.com profile >
Then use this tool to manage what people learn about you on realtor.com, and help build repeat and referral business for yourself and your team.
Did You Know? FREE Training Webinars are Available
for Your Dotloop and ZipForms PGCAR Member Benefits
PGCAR Membership - It Pays!
As your Association, we strive to be a productive resource for you. As such, we are pleased to offer a full range of benefits to our REALTOR® and Affiliate members, and meaningful ways to be involved.
Join PGCAR now!
There's great benefits for our REALTOR® and Affiliate members!
REALTOR® Membership Application
Affiliate Membership Application
Affiliate Membership Levels and Benefits
Another great opportunity for Affiliates is to join the Women's Council of REALTORS® Prince George's Chapter.
Here is the Affiliate Application >
Claim Your Free .REALTOR Domain Registration
Available to NAR REALTORS® and Brokerages
2016 is the last chance to get a .REALTOR web address FREE for the first year, one per member.
The term "REALTOR" is searched over 2 million times a month!
Help consumers easily find you -- with a .REALTOR web address.
After the first free domain, pricing for additional domains starts at $39.95, with multiple domains and multiple year discounts available.
Don't Miss Out! Claim your .REALTOR domain today >
Making Home Affordable (MHA) Resources
Visit the new online toolkit
that helps REALTORS®
and other trusted advisors gain valuable information to help homeowners struggling with mortgage payments.
NOVEMBER THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY
Thanksgiving Holiday - November is the month to show our gratitude. PGCAR will close at 3 pm on Wednesday, November 23 and be closed on Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25 to celebrate Thanksgiving. We wish you joyful, thanks-filled holiday!
A WEALTH OF INFORMATION - 24 X 7! - Find important industry information, as well as details and registration for PGCAR Events and Classes - all at the PGCAR.com Events Calendar.
- - - CONSUMER'S CORNER - - -
Great reasons to stay in touch! Share these with your customers.
Mortgage Rates Spike Post-Election
Average fixed mortgage rates rose significantly following the post-election sell-off in the Treasury market.
"Last week's election fell in the middle of our survey week, making it impossible to determine how closely the mortgage rate would track the post-election sell-off in the Treasury market," says Sean Becketti, Freddie Mac's chief economist. "This week, the verdict is in -- over the last two weeks the 30-year mortgage rate jumped 40 basis points to 3.94 percent, almost identical to the 39 basis point increase in the 10-year Treasury yield. If rates stick at these levels, expect a final burst of home sales and refinances as 'fence sitters' try to beat further increases, then a marked slowdown in housing activity."
Freddie Mac reports the following averages for the week ending November 17:
The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 3.94%, up from 3.57% ~ Last year: 3.97%
The 15-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 3.14%, up from 2.88% ~ Last year: 3.18%
The 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid ARM averaged 3.07%, up from 2.88% ~ Last year: 2.98%
Freddie Mac's Weekly Primary Mortgage Market Survey >
PRINCE GEORGE'S HOME SALES CONTRACTS CONTINUE THEIR RISE IN OCTOBER
All Numbers Up Over 2015
Prince George's October 2016 Home Sales Stats are in. . . and show continued SOLID gains over 2015.
Year-to-date (YTD) gains in Prince George's County:
- Single family contracts are up 9.1% over October 2015 YTD
- Single family settlements are up 12.9% over October 2015 YTD
- Condo/coop contracts are up 4.2% over October 2015 YTD
- Condo/coop settlements are up 6.6% over October 2015 YTD
for more details. And don't forget to like PGCAR on Facebook
to see monthly statistics first!
NEWS YOU SHOULD KNOW
National Market News:
Trending Topics & Tips: