Patricia A. Dowtin
2017 PGCAR President
I have exciting news! On behalf of the Board of Directors, I am proud to announce the purchase of a building which will serve as the permanent home for the Prince George's County Association of REALTORS®
. The new location, Metro East, 8300 Corporate Drive, Landover, Maryland, is at the heart of the New Carrollton Metro Center. Over the next few months, the current structure will be remodeled to suit the needs of our members and staff. PGCAR will remain at its current location while the renovation takes shape.
This has been years in the making. We first established our Building Task Force in 2014.
Our goals were:
- To OWN instead of lease, since we are in the business of owning real estate
- Take advantage of post recession affordable pricing and low interest rates
- Find a permanent location that is centrally located for our members
- Easily accessible with ample parking
- Adequate space to accommodate staff, training, meeting rooms, and store
- To lease a manageable amount of office space - Return on investment!
- To make a sound financial decision for our members
The location is ideal:
- Close to Metro
- Near intersections of RT 50 and I-495
- Mixed Use Zone and Enterprise Zone
- 19,515 feet of office space / currently class "B"
- Purchased at very reasonable price
With this new purchase, the Board of Directors believes that we have been able to accomplish our goals and place PGCAR in a sound financial position moving into the future.
At this new location we will be able to provide better assistance to members, expand educational opportunities and seminars and gain better, more technologically advanced meeting space.
The new building was unveiled at the PGCAR Annual Holiday Charity party event on December 7, 2016. We are looking forward to updating you on the progress of our transition. We are truly excited to make this announcement.
9th Annual Holiday Charity Event
Prince George's County Association of REALTORS®