PGCAR OPERATIONS UPDATE
. . . For Your Health
As Prince George's County is still under cautionary measures, the office will remain closed to members. Transactions will be facilitated via phone or email with product pick-up at the door.
Please call the office at 301-306-7900 or email the appropriate staffer to arrange your appointment and pick-up.
A staff directory is prominently displayed at our homepage, PGCAR.com. Please email the appropriate staffer. Email is the best source for a quick response and service, or call the 301-306-7900 main number which is ALWAYS BEING ANSWERED.
Please continue to check the PGCAR website for updated information.
- REALTOR® Store: Store items are available for pickup after advance payment on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Lockbox Services: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays. Services are available by appointment. Contact Shirley Clayton at SHClayton@pgcar.com.
- Classes / Events: All in-house classes and events are suspended. Online classes are available and qualify for MD License renewal. PGCAR has been offering virtual classes and IS NOW offering Virtual CE. Please refer to our education calendar.
- Committee Meetings: All necessary governance meetings are being facilitated electronically.
Fortunately, many PGCAR services are available remotely. Please refer to PGCAR.com (links below) for details on our emergency plan, staff communication directories, new member application process, class postponements, and more.
So, what does all of this mean?
Is PGCAR closed?
No; however, the doors are locked. Services are offered Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Other staff are working remotely to provide other necessary services and operations.
I've called the office, and no one answers?
The main line is being answered remotely. For faster service email, email, email . . . Please seek out the staff directory and send an email to the appropriate staffer. Or please leave a message on the central line or on the staffers voicemail and someone will call you back (Be sure to leave your email address). During this emergency, email is the best mode of communication.
What are my options for taking CE classes to renew my license?
Our online education partners are available: The CE Shop, and RE Campus. PGCAR IS NOW offering Virtual CE. The Governor has ordered a state of emergency effective March 5. He further ordered that if your real estate license expires during the state of emergency, the license renewal period will be extended until 30 days after the state of emergency is rescinded. The emergency order has not been lifted.
How do I apply for membership or make changes to my existing membership?
Applications to join and transfer membership along with dues pricing is available at PGCAR.com under "Tools - Join Us." Simply complete the application, include your credit card information, and fax it to 301-306-8273. Please do not email credit card or other personal information, unless you have and use a secure email. If you have secure email, you may also email it to CraigBarton@pgcar.com and SHClayton@pgcar.com. In addition, staff is available by phone (301-306-7900) to assist you.
How do I obtain a SentriLock key, or service my key?
Service is mostly remote.
- FIRST, JOIN PGCAR and obtain your National REALTORS® Database System number, more commonly referred to as your NRDS #.
- Make an appointment for service. Contact our SentriLock Administrator, Shirley Clayton at SHClayton@pgcar.com or 301-306-7900, between the Hours of 9:30 am and 3:30 pm, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- For Key Card service issues, contact the Sentrilock Administrator.
- SentriLock Live Support: 513-618-5800 / 877-736-8745, or Support@Sentrilock.com.
- SentriLock Link: https://SentriLock.com/support
How do I obtain new Lockboxes, or Lockbox services?
New lockboxes can be purchased over the phone (prepay by credit card), and picked up by appointment on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Please contact our SentriLock Administrator, Shirley Clayton at SHClayton@pgcar.com or 301-306-7900.
How will any necessary committee meetings be conducted?
All in-house meetings have been suspended. Any necessary meetings will be conducted virtually in consultation with the BOD, Chair, and staff. Please direct any questions about your assigned committees to your Staff liaison.
How can I purchase items from the REALTOR® Store?
Contact the association and make your purchase over the phone for appointment pick-up.
We appreciate your understanding and support. PGCAR will continue to monitor and reevaluate and work to ensure that members' needs are met. Information about the virus is changing rapidly. For additional information on COVID-19, please review the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website and NAR's guidance for REALTORS®.
For additional business and health resources, please also see the:
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us at 301-306-7900 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.