Classroom, Cancellation, Refund and Inclement Weather Policies
CE CLASSROOM POLICIES
Per Maryland Real Estate Commission (MREC) guidelines for earning continuing education (CE) hours:
- Photo ID is required when checking in for your course.
- Attendance is monitored at the beginning and end of the course. Students must be physically present during ALL of the course time - no CE is given if a student arrives late, leaves early or steps out to answer a phone call.
- Turn off ALL electronic devices (cell phone, tablet computer, etc.) while in class. Also, do not have any unrelated reading material open during the course.
PGCAR is required to deny CE credit to anyone in violation of the above rules.
PGCAR CLASSES / EVENTS: If you are registered for a class or event and it is cancelled, your registration fee will be returned or transferred to a future class or event.
Registration with the Prince George's County Association of REALTORS®, Inc. constitutes a financial commitment.
- Class cancellation requests must be received by PGCAR in writing at least 3 business days prior to the class date. Refunds will be issued minus a $5 processing fee for each class cancelled. No-shows or day-of cancellations will NOT be refunded. Course transfers are not accepted. Email cancellation requests to Renada@pgcar.com, or fax requests to (301) 306-8273.
- Event cancellation requests must be received by PGCAR in writing at least 5 business days prior to the event date in order to be refunded. Email cancellation requests to Erica@pgcar.com, or fax requests to (301) 306-8273.
Refunds will be given within 3 days of cancellation.
Handicapped access and parking are available at the main (front) office doors. If other accommodations are needed, please contact PGCAR in advance at 301-306-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also let us know details in the Comments field while registering for a class or event.
SNOW / INCLEMENT WEATHER
In the event of inclement weather, please be aware of the Prince George's County Association of REALTORS® Inclement Weather Policy:
- PGCAR ASSOCIATION OFFICE: If Prince George's County GOVERNMENT is CLOSED, our offices will be CLOSED. All committee meetings and classes are cancelled. Always call the office first at 301-306-7900 to check operating status.
- PGCAR CLASSES: If Prince George's County GOVERNMENT is CLOSED, our offices will be CLOSED. All classes are cancelled. If you are registered for a class and it is cancelled, you will be notified by email and your registration fee will be returned or transferred to a future class. If unable to attend, please email Renada@pgcar.com or call Renada at 301-306-7900 x226 and indicate if you would like to reschedule or receive a refund.
- MRIS TRAINING: If Prince George's County GOVERNMENT is CLOSED, our offices will be CLOSED. All classes are cancelled. However, always call the office first at 301-306-7900 to check operating status. If our office is closed, you will need to reschedule your MRIS Training with MRIS.
- PGCAR COMMITTEE MEETINGS: If Prince George's County GOVERNMENT is CLOSED, our offices will be CLOSED. All committee meetings are cancelled. If Prince George's County Public Schools are on a delayed schedule, all meetings scheduled before 12 pm will be cancelled. Meetings scheduled after 12 pm will be held as scheduled.
Our phone lines will be updated with operating status, so please be sure to call 301-306-7900 prior to coming to the office.
As always, please be safe and use your best judgement with regards to driving.
Unless the item has been damaged by the buyer, refunds will be given for store items within 3 days of return.
CLASS / EVENT LOCATIONS
PGCAR classes and events are held at the PGCAR Office and other locations across Prince George's County. ALWAYS check the class or event details page or your registration receipt for each class and event location.
The PGCAR office is also home to our REALTOR® Store. Please visit us:
8300 Corporate Drive, Suite 100
Landover, MD 20785
You can also reach PGCAR staff by email, or you can reach us by telephone at 301-306-7900.