Support REALTOR® Issues
Be an Industry ChampionREALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) is the real estate industry's vehicle for political success. RPAC exists solely to support issues important to REALTORS®.
Following are just some of the recent victories made possible by your involvement, the work of our volunteer RPAC and Legislative / Political Affairs Committees, and your generous RPAC contributions:
- Passed legislation that exempts Pre and Post Settlement Occupancy Agreements from Prince George's County's rental licensing requirements and fee.
- Passed legislation creating a Tax-Free Homebuyer Savings Account, that allows future first-time homebuyers to contribute up to $5,000 state tax-free a year, up to $50,000 total.
- Passed legislation that directs the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) to study whether there is discrimination in real estate financing, appraisals and community investments and report back to the Legislature.
- Defeated legislation that would have imposed 5% sales and use tax on real estate services in Maryland.
- Passed legislation that made independent contractors' unemployment eligible as part of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (The CARES ACT).
- Defeated a $.15 countywide property tax increase which would have had a damaging effect on the County.